Online reviews are important to your business. In fact, studies say they can sway more than 85% of people. And when it comes to jobs, nearly 50% of seekers check out Glassdoor or other options like Yelp, TripAdvisor, and Amazon.
Since negative reviews tend to carry more weight with readers than positive reviews do, collecting positive ones is crucial. So let’s dig into the actions you can take.
To collect positive reviews: Have a good offense
- The number one rule: Be a good company. Provide quality products/services.
- Treat your employees like your most valuable asset – they are.
- Treat your customers with respect – they deserve it. Show them you care.
- Get active online. Make sure you have profiles on the most common review sites.
- Customize your profile, upload professional photos, and update your contact information.
- Use Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. to create positive interactions with employees and customers.
- Request good reviews. Let the rest of the company know about the online profiles, so current employees can tell why they love working there.
- Stick a reminder on your website, your Facebook page, and your brochures so that customers can leave reviews.
- Ask people in person to write a review.
Positive reviews tend to generate positive reviews. The more you collect, the more people sit up and take notice.
Being a great company and providing top notch products/services begins with having top-notch staff. Olympic Staffing will connect your company with the right people – employees who help your company consistently collect positive reviews. Contact us today.
Return to our blog next week for Online Reviews – Part II – Dealing with the Negative